Kirkland Associates are looking to recruit an experienced Legal Secretary to join our clients thriving Property department. They offer a full range of legal services to meet the needs of both private and business clients. A high quality, professional yet friendly service and highly effective advice, tailored to their client’s individual needs.
The ideal candidate will have a MINIMUM of 12 months experience working as a Legal Secretary in a busy property department. You will have a sound knowledge of residential and commercial conveyancing. You must have excellent communication and organisational skills, have a keen interest and understanding of commercial property law and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio typing and word processing
- Daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with office procedures
- Recording all client and matter details on our case management system, as well as setting up new files and ensuring matters are kept up to date
- Document production including leases, agreements and completion statements
- Completing SDLT returns
- Making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaining an up to date diary for the fee earner they will be working alongside
- Attending to clients both in person and over the telephone, providing support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care
- Providing support to other legal secretaries as and when required.
- Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working within a Commercial Property or Residential Property team.
- Confidence with IT systems to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- The ability to work well in a team and develop good working relationships with colleagues and others
- Confident interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise openly and clearly with colleagues and clients
- To be able to produce a high standard of work, often to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and good attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise well and be able to cope with changing demands
- Able to demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, initiative and self confidence
23 days holiday + Bank holidays
Hours - Mon – Fri, 9-5 (1 hr lunch)