We are urgently looking to recruit an expereinced Paralegal on behalf of a professional and long established law firm as based in Straford-upon-Avon.
The role is working within their busy Corporate team, part of the firm's Corporate and Commercial group.
You will provide fee earning and administrative support to a busy team, which includes partners and senior fee earners dealing with transactional and non-transactional corporate matters.
Your key duties will be:
- providing a mixture of paralegal and administrative support dealing with all aspects of corporate and some commercial work
- providing paralegal support on corporate transactions including, document production and managing due diligence exercises
- assisting with company secretarial services including: preparation of board minutes, Companies House Forms and other ancillary documents
- carrying out post-completion administration
- dealing with general correspondence
- handling telephone calls, diary management and dealing with queries where appropriate
- archiving and filing
Skills and experience you will have:
- previous experience of Companies Forms and Companies House filing
- a knowledge of the Companies Act 2006
- ideally experience of using a case management system
- ideally experience of having worked in a small team and able to cope in pressurised situations
Key competencies you will need:
- to be highly organised with flexibility during busy periods
- excellent attention to detail
- strong IT skills
- willingness to work hard with drive and enthusiasm
About you – you will be:
- self motivated and with a desire to succeed
- tidy, well organised and motivated
- able to self-manage and take ownership of problems
- highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile and be happy to go beyond the job description
- respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude
- keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this
Ideally candidates will have a legal qualification and be interested to pursue a career in the law.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted.