Kirkland Associates are recruiting on behalf of a professional and established law firm in Sheffield as they require a legal assistant to support their Personal Injury team.
You will work as part of a team to provide administrative support and help deliver great service to their clients.
Your key duties will be:
- opening and closing of electronic files
- using a case management system to process and progress cases
- taking telephone calls and messages, handling queries and enquiries
- photocopying, scanning, faxing, printing, filing and collating documentation
- archiving, storage and retrieval of documentation (electronic and paper versions)
- typing of documents and correspondence
- processing incoming and outgoing post and arranging couriers
- managing diaries for the team, booking appointments and making travel arrangements
- assisting with financial administration, liaison with finance team, processing cheque requests and expenses, preparation and despatch of invoices and collecting payment
- maintaining data on Excel spreadsheets
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum grade C pass at GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
- confidence with IT systems to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- some previous office administrative experience
- highly enthusiastic, willing to the extra mile and be happy to go beyond the job description
- respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude
- keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this
Please get in touch with Gemma Evans, Legal recruitment consultant for further information, or simply click apply to be considered for the role immediately.