My client, who are a long established and reputable manufacturing company, are seeking an experienced Account Manager to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting into the Sales Director, you will be responsible for the management of strategic accounts, devising and implementing long term growth plans for each customer.
Account Manager – Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Hold regular face to face reviews going deeper and wider in the accounts
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships focused on decision makers and influencers to shorten the cycle of trust building
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of business solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales budgets and forecasts
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts Quarterly Business reviews)
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on account status for internal and external use
- Collaborate with the wider sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Promote strong collaboration internally across all departments to ensure clear visibility of the customer’s demands and requirements
- Build strong internal collaborative relations to allow strong sense of teamwork and ownership.
Account Manager – The Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have an electronics qualification or related technical background and experience in a similar role, preferably within manufacturing.
- We are looking for an individual who is experienced in selling technical solutions, can write effective proposals and is competent in commercial analysis.
- You will have a proven track record in growing effective business relationships, identifying opportunities for growth and implementing sales strategies.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills are important.