We are currently recruiting for an organised and experienced Legal Secretary on behalf of our Top 100 Law firm to join their Shared Resource department based in Nottingham in order to provide support to the teams in various practice areas.
You will be dealing with the production of documents, including the sale and purchase of contracts, development agreements, funding and construction documentation, planning agreements, file setups, engagement letters and quotes, searches etc as well as archiving of files and retrieval.
Key Duties will include:
- Providing timeley and effective support to requests for assistance from members of the team.
- the accurate production of, and amendments by tracked changes to correspondence and documentation including through the use of digital dictation
- attending to clients in person and on the phone taking messages and assisting where appropriate
- use of a case management system to process and progress files
- managing file opening, closure and archiving
- producing bills and other financial administration
- managing diaries for the team, planning and organising meetings and making travel arrangements
- organising and maintaining departmental filing systems and document storage
- photocopying, scanning, faxing, printing, filing and other general administrative tasks
- solid previous secretarial experience gained predominantly in property work / conveyancing
- fast and accurate keyboard skills
- confidence with IT systems to include Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally PowerPoint
- a minimum grade C pass at GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
- the ability to work in a high volume and fast paced environment
- the ability to work well in a team and develop good working relationships with colleagues and others
- confident interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise openly and clearly with colleagues and clients
- to be able to produce a high standard of work, often to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and good attention to detail
- the ability to prioritise well and be able to cope with challenging and changing demands
- to be able to demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, initiative and self confidence.