We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary to join one of the largest law firms in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire as they require professional support to their busy Wills and Probate department, based in Mansfield.
The successful applicant will be expected to cover all areas of legal work associated with Wills and Probate, providing assistance to two Fee Earners within the department. Previous experience in this area would be a distinct advantage but is not essential as training will be provided.
- Preparing and drafting documentation.
- Liaising with clients, solicitors and other agencies.
- Updating clients with the progress of their matter.
- Opening and closing case files.
- Diary and meeting management.
- Audio typing
- File organisation
- Drafting correspondence such as emails, letters and client care packs.
- Liaising with clients both face to face and over the telephone.
- General administration, including photocopying, filing and scanning.
Skills and attributes:
- Strong IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent client care
- Diary management
- Ability to work independently to a high standard and to effectively priorities competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a professional telephone manner
- Fast and accurate audio typing
- Ability to use a case management system
- A team player who is also conscientious, motivated and flexible, adapting as the need arises.
Please get in touch with Gemma Evans, Legal recruitment consultant for further information about this fantastic opportunity.