We are currently recruiting for a fantastic legal secretary opportunity on behalf of our professional and friendly client based at their Nottingham office. As a legal secretary, you will be required to provide a full secretarial service to the Family team in order to assist Fee Earners, to complete work, and thereby meet clients needs and objectives.
Job type : Permanent
Hours: Full time, 9am - 5pm (one hour lunch)
- Audio typing via digital dictation system of letters, correspondence, files, attendance notes, memos and drafting documentation.
- Copy typing amending draft to finished documentation
- Drafting court and other documents and letters using the Firm’s precedent documents and under the direction of the Fee Earners.
- Filing and organising client matter files by ensuring documents in order and accessible, as well as opening new files, deleting old ones and file closures.
- Answering external calls to fee earners and assisting with client enquiries in an appropriate manner.
- Meeting clients to welcome them, obtain identification information and deal with routine enquiries.
- Dealing with mediation enquiries and dealing with all documentation incidental to the Family Mediation service offered by the Family Team.
- Preparing and circulating the minutes for Team Meetings
- .Assisting with various marketing initiatives: preparing databases, organizing mailshots etc
- Sorting incoming post, processing incoming cheques and acknowledgments.
- Maintaining diary and brought forward system to ensure clients / matters are reviewed and to act as a reminder to the Solicitors.
- Photocopying, faxing and scanning documents as and when required.
- Maintaining diary and arranging appointments, meetings and lunches as required.
- Preparing draft bills, including disbursements from billing guides. Preparing relevant forms for accounts including payment requests, etc .
- Arranging Travel/ Accommodation.
- Any other duties required to ensure the smooth running of the Team.
Skills / Experience:
- Previous legal secretary experience, ideally within a Family department or similar.
- Accurate typing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Excellent IT skills
- Good communication and listening skills