Our Newark based client are currently recruiting for a talented Legal Secretary to join their Conveyancing department, on a permanent, full time basis. The successful candidate will have previous legal secretary experience and be able to work in a small team of 4.
This role would suit someone who Is looking to move to a local law firm within a busy office. Candidates without Conveyancing experience will be considered.
- Audio typing via digital dictation and copy typing drafts to finished items.
- Composing letters to clients, solicitors and estate agents to prepare land registry transfers, contracts and attendance notes.
- Diary management including setting reminders for fee earners, arranging appointments, meetings, lunches, travel and accommodation.
- Photocopying, faxing and scanning documents as and when required.
- Preparing bills, including disbursements from billing guides. Preparing relevant forms for accounts including payment requests.
- Meeting with clients to obtain identification documents, preparing the relevant forms for a file to be opened on the Firm’s case management system.
- Preparing official forms for searches and applications to the Land Registry.
- Preparing engagement letters and completion statements to clients.
- Previous legal secretary experience, ideally a minimum of a year.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong typing skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Quick to learn and able to pick up case management systems.
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Have the flexibility to support other members of the team as needed.
Please get in touch with Gemma Evans, Legal recruitment consultant for further information, or simply click apply to be considered for the role immediately.