Our client, within the Property and Financial Services industry, are seeking a Head of Accounts Payable to join their office in Chilwell. You'll be the backbone of the Accounts payable team, providing essential, seamless accounts support with guidance from the Group Financial Controller. Making sure that invoices are paid, processes followed and cash flow and cash forecast is managed will form the main body of your work. But at the heart of everything you'll do are people. You'll develop strong relationships with everyone you deal with as you go about your daily work. You'll particularly enjoy getting to know customers and understanding what they need from you and how you can make their life easier. And you'll get a real buzz from making them happy!
You must combine a totally professional approach with a fun and up-beat personality. Our client takea employee wellbeing very seriously and offer numerous staff benefits and incentives to ensure that it really is a great place to work.
Head of Accounts Payable – The Role:
· Take ownership for tailoring their new accounts payables systems so it is fit for purpose and matches the needs of the group. This will be the focus for the first 6 months.
· Manage internal and external stakeholders with the system change, helping and guiding them to embrace the change
· Build a strong base of suppliers by building and maintaining great relationships
· Lead and mentor the team to them develop their skills and capability to be the best that they can be
· Day to day management of the creditors’ reports
· Ensure company policies and procedures are consistently adhered to
· Develop and agree various key management information reports
Head of Accounts Payable – The Candidate:
· An organised, people person who gets what great customer service looks like and has what it takes to deliver it.
· An experienced accounts person who has managed system change, knows how to run a system and has a clear idea of what works and what doesn’t
· The ability to implement new process and gain buy in from stakeholders
· Experience of working effectively in a fast-paced office for a multi-company environment
· Ability to look at the bigger picture and understand how the accounts system drives the cash flow and cash forecast of the company
· Experience of leading a team and setting them clear directional goals which align with the company’s needs
· A genuine desire to coach and mentor the team to help them develop their skills and capability to be the best that they can be
· The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
· A real eye for detail and dedication to accuracy
· The self-motivation to get things done and the initiative to get things fixed
· An accounts qualification is desirable