Experienced Family Secretary
Our client is a well-established law firm recognised throughout the Midlands as a leading provider of high quality legal services.
They are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to join their Family department on a permanent basis.
Duties to include:
- Providing general assistance and support to Fee Earners to ensure that clients’ matters are dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible. Use of initiative important.
- Providing full secretarial support including typing of correspondence and legal documents.
- Answering incoming telephone calls from new and existing clients and being a key point of contact.
- Strong command of Microsoft office (including Excel), Adobe Pro and preferably an understanding of Case Management systems.
- Correct matter set up, filing of correspondence and other papers and ensuring compliance where appropriate.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Making appointments for the Fee earner and keeping his or her diary up-to-date
- Maintaining a back-up record of all key dates on the Fee Earner’s matters
- Photocopying urgent documentation
- Timely delivery of outgoing correspondence to the mail point
We are looking for a candidate with previous experience in a Family department.