A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Paralegal to join a Top 50 law firm based in Milton Keynes as they require support to their Residential Property team.
Our clients Residential Property team comprises of some of the most experienced lawyers covering the full range of conveyancing service including stamp duty land tax, the land registry, NHBC cover for new build properties, transfers of equity, Remortgages, shared equity, help to buy and sales and purchases.
The role is to focus on private residential conveyancing sale and purchase work and provide paralegal support to the members of the Residential team.
You key duties will be:
- providing paralegal and administrative support to the team
- dealing with sales and purchases both freehold and leasehold, and mortgages
- opening and closing of files and conducting conflict searches
- dealing with general correspondence
- handling telephone calls, and handling queries and enquiries where appropriate
- producing forms and documentation
- completing dictations
- drafting documents
- completing registrations at Land Registry
- completing and filing SDLT returns
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 12 months’ experience within a Residential team in a paralegal role
- ideally, experience of dealing with private sale and purchase work
- experience of using a case management system
- strong IT skills and fast, accurate typing ability
Key competencies you will need:
- good attention to detail and accuracy
- the ability to work under tight deadlines and high volumes at a fast pace
- the ability to prioritise workload
- drive, enthusiasm, commitment and a team player approach
- the ability to deal with client meetings and key clients
- the ability to keep clients routinely updated
For further information about this opportunity please get in touch with Gemma Evans, Legal recruitment consultant for further information or simply click apply to be considered for the role immediately.