Our client, a busy law firm based in Mansfield is in search of a Legal Secretary to join their Litigation department.
As a legal secretary, you will be responsible for supporting solicitors by performing a variety of administrative duties, including drafting legal correspondence, answering phones and greeting visitors and communicating with solicitors, clients and court personnel.
Your main priority as a legal secretary is to provide secretarial and administrative support to lawyers and legal executives. Your daily tasks will include:
- Keeping records up to date
- Typing up legal documents
- Answering the phone
- Organising diaries
- Performing legal research
- Legal secretarial experience preferred but not essential.
- Working knowledge of using Windows, Microsoft office, Powerpoint, Outlook and case management systems
- Working knowledge of digital dictation systems
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- Experience of working in a secretarial/administrative role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills Ability to relate to a wide range of clients and manage their expectations
- Commitment to client care
- Willingness to work cooperatively in a team and demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment