Kirkland Associates are seeking to recruit a dynamic legal secretary with a solid legal background to support our clients busy Real Estate team based in Milton Keynes.
You will provide a high quality secretarial service to the fee earners within our clients thriving Milton Keynes Residential Property team.
You will be dealing with requests for deeds, obtaining correct authorities, scheduling and the organisation of either collection or distribution of the same. You will also complete SDLT applications, Land Registry applications and assist the fee earners on client updates and reports.
This is a high volume, fast-paced environment and will suit someone with solid experience, who thrives under pressure.
This opportunity can be offered on either full time hours (37 hours per week), or part time hours.
Your key duties will be:
- providing timely and effective support to requests for assistance from members of the team
- the accurate production and amendments by tracked changes of correspondence and documentation, including the use of digital dictation
- attending to clients in person and on the phone, taking messages and assisting, where appropriate
- using a case management system to process and progress files
- managing file opening, closing and archiving
- dealing with setting up of funds and completion monies being sent to other organisations/clients
- dealing with Land Registry applications and post completion matters
- producing bills and other financial administration
- managing diaries for the team, planning and organising meetings and making travel arrangements
- organising and maintaining departmental filing systems and document storage
- photocopying, scanning, faxing, printing, filing and other general administrative tasks
Skills and experience you will have:
- at least 12 months’ secretarial experience ideally gained in residential conveyancing matters
- fast and accurate keyboard skills
- confidence with IT systems to include Microsoft Word, and Excel
- a minimum grade C pass at GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
Key competencies you will need:
- the ability to work well in a team and develop good working relationships with colleagues and others
- confident interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise openly and clearly with colleagues and clients
- to be able to produce a high standard of work, often to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and good attention to detail
- the ability to prioritise well and be able to cope with changing demands
- the ability to demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, initiative and self confidence
About you- you will be:
- highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile and be happy to go beyond the job description
- respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude
- keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this