Our client are a leading Logistics provider with branches in the UK and Ireland. The have an exciting opportunity for a Customs Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a brand new role and would suit a candidate with previous Supervisory experience or someone looking to take the next step in their career.
Customs Supervisor- Key Responsibilities:
• Directly responsible for the compliant production of UK export declarations, UK import declarations and the preparation and processing of corresponding documentation
• Trouble-shooting, problem solving and proactively managing the compliance of the entire customs process, working with all necessary elements of the business to deliver compliance with the overall objective of achieving 100% compliance for all declarations created
• Ensuring that customers are customs compliant and that documentation received is correct
• Checking and producing documentation to ensure Import and Export consignments are in compliance with HMRC rules and regulations
• Consult with HMRC Agents to ease passage of goods through the Import and Export processes, when required
• Ensuring / applying the correct tariff codes to consignments are being used
• Contacting shippers / suppliers to obtain relevant paperwork in relation to an import shipment • Working with the team daily to ensure all tasks are completed to satisfaction and on time
• Ensuring the relevant branch personnel are adhering to the prescribed process and are performing the task to the highest level of compliance
• Speaking to customers proactively, to assist them with their queries, sharing knowledge and expertise and instilling customer confidence
Customs Supervisor – The Candidate
• +3 years’ operational customs experience, in a freight forwarding, customs broker, customs agency or a customs department
• Excellent practical knowledge of customs processes and regimes at an operational level
• People person, who can clearly communicate, verbally and in writing
• Has the ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of key principles for the role e.g. import/export procedures, tariff classification and duty structures, valuation, origin, export controls and specialist regimes (for example, CFSP, IPR, OPR or similar).
• Works effectively as part of a team, with a strong ethic to support and help in order to achieve team objectives as well as individual role objectives
• A strong sense of responsibility and a hands-on approach - always striving to get the job done to satisfaction
• Good interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills