We are recruiting for a TEMPORARY Legal Secretary to join our clients Leicester based Family team.
This role is an immediate start to cover after sickness.
You will work as part of a team to provide secretarial and administrative support to help give a great service to clients.
Your key duties will be:
- providing timely and effective support to requests for assistance from members of the team
- accurate production of correspondence and documentation including through the use of digital dictation
- attending to clients in person and on the phone taking messages and assisting where appropriate
- use of a case management system to process and progress files
- opening and distributing the post
- managing file opening, closure and archiving
- producing bills and other financial administration
- managing diaries for the team, planning and organising meetings and making travel arrangements
- organising and maintaining departmental filing systems and document storage
- photocopying, scanning, faxing, printing, filing and other general administrative tasks
Skills and experience you will have:
- experience working in a legal secretarial role, ideally within a family team
- fast and accurate audio-typing skills
- a minimum grade C pass at GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
- confidence with IT systems to include Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally PowerPoint
- excellent oral and written communications skills
- excellent organisational skills, flexibility and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
Key competencies you will need:
- to be ambitious and enthusiastic to provide an excellent ‘audio typing’ service to the team
- to work well in a team and develop effective working relationships with colleagues and others, demonstrating flexibility
- to have confident interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise openly and clearly with colleagues and clients
- the ability to produce a high standard of work, often to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and good attention to detail
- the ability to demonstrate professionalism, proactivity, and initiative
Kirkland Associates are committed to protecting your privacy. For further information about how we use your personal data, please visit visit http://kirklandassociates.co.uk/privacy-policy.