We are proud to be recruiting for a professional Legal Secretary to join our clients Leicester based Family team, part of the firms Private capital group.
Our client are in the Top 50 best law firms to work for in the UK and so this is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your legal secretary career with a thriving law firm.
You will work as part of a team to provide secretarial and administrative support to help give a great service to clients.
Your key duties will be:
- providing timely and effective support to requests for assistance from members of the team
- accurate production of correspondence and documentation including through the use of digital dictation
- attending to clients in person and on the phone taking messages and assisting where appropriate
- use of a case management system to process and progress files
- opening and distributing the post
- managing file opening, closure and archiving
- producing bills and other financial administration
- managing diaries for the team, planning and organising meetings and making travel arrangements
- organising and maintaining departmental filing systems and document storage
- photocopying, scanning, faxing, printing, filing and other general administrative tasks
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a legal secretarial role, ideally within a family team
- fast and accurate audio-typing skills
- a minimum grade C pass at GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
- confidence with IT systems to include Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally PowerPoint
- excellent oral and written communications skills
- excellent organisational skills, flexibility and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
Key competencies you will need:
- to be ambitious and enthusiastic to provide an excellent ‘audio typing’ service to the team
- to work well in a team and develop effective working relationships with colleagues and others, demonstrating flexibility
- to have confident interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise openly and clearly with colleagues and clients
- the ability to produce a high standard of work, often to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and good attention to detail
- the ability to demonstrate professionalism, proactivity, and initiative
Kirkland Associates are committed to protecting your privacy. For further information about how we use your personal data, please visit http://kirklandassociates.co.uk/privacy-policy.
Please get in touch with Gemma Evans, Legal recruitment consultant for further information or simply click apply to be considered for the role immediately.