Paralegal - Clinical Negligence
Kirkland associates are recruiting for a professional paralegal to join a well established law firm within their clinical / medical negligence team based in Leicester. As a paralegal you will be required to provide timely and effective legal support to members of the team and assist with any administration duties as required.
The successfully candidate will have a strong interest in a clinical negligence department and have some previous experience in a legal supportive role.
- Undertaking legal research
- Preparation of client meetings and attendance notes: attending where required.
- Taking initial instructions from clients to prepare new client packs.
- Preparation of bundles for court and counsel.
- Drafting letters and emails to clients and third parties.
- Organising conferences and travel arrangements for fee earners.
- Undertaking work following client meetings and conferences.
- Organising client medical records.
- Preparing claim forms
- Opening and closing of client files.
- Dealing with general file/ case management duties.
- Receiving and directing visitors to the firm
- Assisting with incoming post.
- Admin duties: Filing, paginating and indexing medical record, notices of receipt of records and reports etc.
- Reception duties: Taking call and directing to relevant personnel, taking messages, advising clients, ensuring meetings rooms are set up for relevant meetings etc.
- LLB / LPC qualification
- Previous experience in a legal supportive role.
- Highly organised.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work within a team and to your own initiative.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Good typing ability.
- Computer literate
- Flexibility to assist other team members when required.
If you would like the opportunity to work for a fantastic firm, then please get in touch with Gemma Evans, Legal Recruitment Associate at Kirkland Associates or click apply to be considered for the role immediately.