Our Ashby based client are seeking an Export Technical Sales Advisor to join their team. It is a technical sales role for someone who has experience in Sales and who is looking to move in to the export side. Your aim will be to maintain and increase sales of their products in designated overseas countries.
Export Technical Sales - The Role:
- To locate and appoint new distributors within given territories.
- To liaise closely with appointed distributors so that agreed growth can be achieved.
- To provide training to personnel employed by their worldwide distributors so that they are able to successfully promote the product range.
- Conduct joint customer visits with employees of appointed distributors.
- Identify new areas of opportunities based on the worldwide product market.
- To gain new business at direct accounts, provide support for these customers and aid in any way possible to ensure these accounts remain satisfied with the service and products.
- Participate in key trade exhibitions.
- When necessary, conduct press interviews to aid the promotion of the company, its products and services.
- Work in conjunction with the marketing manager to ensure that the brand is promoted adequately in key markets.
Export Technical Sales - The Candidate:
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience
- Degree in Chemistry or Electronic/Engineering
- Experience of working with both end users and distributors
- Commercial awareness
- Proven negotiation and communication skills
- Computer literate to include the use of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Background in Chemistry/Physics/Electronics
- Clean Driving Licence
- Assertive but approachable personality, flexible with a good sense of humour
- Proven ability to promote and implement change
- Self motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and be proactive
- Ability to work as part of a team, to deadlines and under pressure
- Be able to travel internationally at short notice
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the handling of foreign distribution is desirable.