Our client are currently seeking a Purchasing Administrator to join their friendly team in Leicester. You will report in to the Purchasing Manager, ensuring products required are purchased via approved suppliers in a timely fashion. Candidates with Sage 200 experience would be preferred.
£25,000 depending on experience.
Monday to Friday, office hours.
4:30pm finish on Fridays.
Christmas bonus scheme.
Purchasing Administrator – The Role:
- Forecast product demand based on customer order histories and to take into consideration any supplier lead times
- To source suitable alternatives where necessary and to assist Sales Department in offering in stock options
- To be pro-active in analysis of stock movement and to action a contingency plan for delayed lines where necessary.
- Maintain and review stocking levels of key lines regularly to ensure steady and consistent supply to customers.
- To assist with booking in of stock when required
- To liaise with Goods-In on a daily basis regarding delivery issues
- Coordinate deliveries in conjunction with the Transport & Logistics Manager and to ensure they achieve backfill targets and reduce delivery costs
- Communicate with suppliers where non-conforming products have been identified
- To complete issue forms and collate information in order to have regular supplier reviews
- Management of back orders on a daily basis and the communication to internal sales
- To work to and report KPI’s relating to stock holding, min / max stock levels and stock waste reduction
- One off price negotiations for new products from existing suppliers
Purchasing Administrator - The Candidate:
- Experience in a similar purchasing role
- Sage 200 experience is preferred
- Good communication skills are essential
- Intermediate standard of computing and IT skills
- Organisation skills, ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Attention to detail and problem solving