My client are a leading logistics provider. They are seeking an Import and Exports Manager to work from their hub in South Leicestershire.
As Imports & Exports Manager (Operations), you’ll be reporting to the Director of International Operations to help shape the work environment, supporting the operational strategy in all areas of import and export operations. What’s exciting about the role, and what makes it different, is the sheer scale of opportunity, because we want you to utilise your knowledge of international logistics and management experiences to help develop our current and future European activities, creating operational solutions and delivering projects that grow the business.
You will be a key player in helping us deliver the plans for Brexit, ensuring customers get the best possible service whatever the outcome.
Confidence and great communication skills are fundamental as you'll be expected to liaise with people at all levels across our UK business, wider Group, strategic partners, HMRC, Border Force and third party suppliers.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong leadership, passion and enthusiasm in solving problems and creating solutions for the business and customers, whilst delivering great operational performance and remaining fully compliant with the AEO accreditation.
Import and Export Manager – The Role
· All aspects of our Import and Export operation by working closely with the Group and UK Hubs to deliver great service for customers
· Implement measures and standards on all aspects of the supply chain to ensure you remain compliant with all governing bodies such as HMRC and Border Force
· Lead and inspire the team and any direct reports to achieve all KPIs proactively and with enthusiasm to achieve more
· Implement and maintain all international operational processes relating to import/exports and Customs
Import and Export Manager – The Candidate:
· Demonstrable experience of HMRC and Customs rules for international Export and Import
· Ability to support strategies and concepts to future proof International operations
· Ability to lead, inspire and motivate people to outperform
· Be decisive and demonstrate ability to proactively initiate action
· Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
· Have a passion for delivering results and meeting customer expectations
· Ability to adapt and respond to change quickly and positively
· Experience of working in an ETSF or Customs warehouse a distinct advantage
· A professional qualification or proven track record in Customs Import/Export or International Trade an advantage
· AEO knowledge and experience desirable
· Competent skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint/KeyNote and Word essential
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritise and plan workload
· Have a professional attitude and be a good team player to communicate at all levels
· A positive approach to flexibility in working hours essential
The role comes with either a fully or part expensed company car or a cash in lieu option of £10,800 PA.
There is also a 15% annual bonus potential.