Kirkland Associates are recruiting a full-time Legal Secretary to join our clients Construction team, to provide administrative support within a busy team of fee earners.
- Take phone calls on behalf on the team, dealing with enquiries and where a referral is needed, ensure a comprehensive email is provided
- Undertake audio typing of client correspondence/forms/documentation when required
- Produce draft letters and emails to send clients and external organisations.
- Set up new matter instructions on the firms Practice Management System and CRM system.
- Issue the client care letter via email or post
- Undertake file closure activity ensuring balances are appropriately action-ed and client confirmation is issued.
- Prepare information for the Finance team covering billing and invoicing activities.
- General secretarial duties such as booking appointments, rooms and pool cars etc.
- Document management including photocopying, scanning, faxing, collating and binding.
- Work alongside Compliance in carrying out searches and background checks on prospective clients
- Liaise with clients and external organisations over the telephone when required.
Skills and experience:
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary who thrives on working in a team and takes a proactive approach to their work.
We will expect you to:
- Have worked as a Legal Secretary in any legal department
- Have strong oral and written communication skills as this role involves a high level of client contact
- Be highly organised and professional
- Be motivated and enthusiastic with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, remaining calm when under pressure
- Have an eye for detail, produce accurate work
- Have proficient IT skills and the ability to learn how to use new systems and technology quickly
- Training and development
- Free onsite car parking and onsite staff cafe
- An active social committee who organise various events throughout the year
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of service (see below)
- Firm wide performance bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity / paternity leave
- Buy/sell holiday schemE
- Flexible workinG
- One months’ Firm sick pay