Kirkland Associates are looking for a self-motivated and proactive Paralegal to join our clients dedicated Employment team.
Our employment solicitor’s work with employers across a variety of industry sectors, including both the public and private sector, registered providers and charities, advising on all types of employment law matters.
- Liaise with clients and organisations on the phone, resolving as many enquiries yourself as possible and where referral is needed, ensuring a comprehensive attendance note is provided.
- Provide advice to clients with regards to sickness, absence and maternity.
- Review and draft contracts and staff handbooks.
- Provide tribunal support to the team.
- Prepare disclosure lists, bundles, witness statements and instructions to counsel.
- Provide support to the employment team.
- Track quotes sent out and their conversion rates.
- Maintain the integrity of data in key platforms such as Lawsoft, Visualfiles, Worksite and InterAction by ensuring that they are updated in a timely manner.
- Undertake file opening and closing processes as required in support of matter progression. Complete administrative tasks such as document scanning, and photocopying as required.
- Prepare high quality documentation covering letters, presentations, spreadsheets and reports as required.
- Undertake legal research both as requested and on own initiative.
- Ensure timesheets are updated and posted on a daily basis.
We are looking for someone who has all round experience of working in a high volume employment team who is used to providing advice to clients.
Other essential requirements include excellent written and verbal communication skills, enthusiasm and a ‘can-do’ attitude as well as being highly organised and a real team player.
Our client offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays), a bonus scheme, pension, training and development, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, on-site restaurant, an active social committee, free on-site car parking and childcare vouchers.