Provide leadership, strategic direction, and support in the development and implementation of LWI projects in Lagos, Nigeria. Be accountable for all of aspects of work in the country. Communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ by providing a cup of water in Jesus name
These principles guide and identify us as colleagues and representatives of Living Water:
- Honor God
- Develop People
- Pursue Excellence
- Be Good Stewards
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement the Country Strategy according to LWI strategic processes and operating standards.
- Maintain an annual operating plan against which all program activities are measured.
- Ensure alignment to LWI regional and global strategy.
Develop/Promote Strategic Initiatives
- Promote the needs of country specific funding requirements and maintain good relationships with in-country representatives of funders.
- Establish collaborative relationships to facilitate the efficient operations and the implementation of the effective ministry for LWI, including with local churches to determine project needs.
- Develop and build linkages with other (external) organizations in-country that facilitate the effective delivery of ministry in alignment with global policy.
- Ensure that the office has a high quality Christian ethos and operations plan that is appropriate for the country context.
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships, and provide spiritual guidance to staff on mission and core values.
- Participate and lead regular devotional meetings.
Implementation of Mandatory Policy and Procedures
- Implement and report water projects as directed through the internal system - PUMPS.
- Provide leadership and management of National Staff for the purpose of all tasks.
- Ensure projects are properly reported on PUMPS and program expenses properly recording in QuickBooks.
- Ensure our equipment is well maintained and utilized.
- Ensure alignment of key support functions (e.g. Finance & Admin, etc.) with global direction.
- Develop and manage the country-operating budget including major capital expenditure.
- Determine allocation of resources based on country strategic priorities.
- Ensure planning processes enable the country to use available resources in the best way to carry out agreed upon country strategies.
- Contribute to LWI policy dialogue to ensure policy and practices are consistent.
- Facilitate and ensure development of LWI goals and targets on an annual basis.
- Ensure the provision of program information regarding the country locations and/or programmatic sector.
- Guide the office in the development of WaSH program design and implementation.
- Ensure a monitoring and evaluation strategy is in place for all WaSH programs especially for past projects not achieving desired outcome.
- Establish collaborative relationships to facilitate the efficient operations and the implementation of effective ministry for LWI.
- Ensure technical assistance to the field, at the appropriate quality and level so that field staff can meet LWI standards.
MINIMUM EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in, international development, or equivalent (advanced degree is preferred).
- At least 10 years experience in a senior management position.
- Demonstrated ability to deal decisively with complex situations.
- Strategic thinker with clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between operations and business strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to implement a country strategy in compliance with organizational strategy and agreed upon standards.
- Substantial business acumen in general management, financial management and operations with work experience in the WASH sector.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to train and develop capacity in country-level staff.
- Commitment to Christian ethos of development.
- Strong planning, community mobilization and inter-cultural communication skills required.
- Experience working on grant funded programs in improving the overall health status at the household level through improved water access/quality, sanitation, and hygiene would be desirable.
- Strong English
- French language skills including excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Willing and able to travel internally and regionally up to 35 percent of the time.
- Must have no criminal record.