We are currently working with a long established law firm in Derby as they require a professional and experienced Legal Secretary to provide support to their Residential Conveyancing team.
This is a fast-paced environment and will suit someone with solid experience, who thrives under pressure.
Your key duties will be:
- providing timely and effective support to requests for assistance from members of the team
- the accurate production and amendments by tracked changes of correspondence and documentation, including the use of digital dictation
- attending to clients in person and on the phone, taking messages and assisting, where appropriate
- using a case management system to process and progress files
- managing file opening, closing and archiving
- dealing with setting up of funds and completion monies being sent to other organisations/clients
- dealing with Land Registry applications and post completion matters
- producing bills and other financial administration
- managing diaries for the team, planning and organising meetings and making travel arrangements
- organising and maintaining departmental filing systems and document storage
- photocopying, scanning, faxing, printing, filing and other general administrative tasks
Skills and experience you will have:
- at least 12 months’ secretarial experience ideally gained in residential / commercial conveyancing matters
- fast and accurate keyboard skills
- confidence with IT systems to include Microsoft Word, and Excel
Please get in touch with Gemma Evans, Legal recruitment consultant for further information, or simply click apply to be considered for the role immediately.