My client are a long established and successful family run business based near Chilwell. Due to continued expansion, they are seeking a Trainee Merchandiser, to join their thriving team. This is a brilliant opportunity for a hardworking and dedicated candidate to develop in Merchandising role.
Merchandiser – The Role
Reporting into the Merchandising Manager, your responsibilities will be:
· Working closely with distributors to understand brand performance and product demand.
· Processing direct orders from distributors around the world.
· Ensuring new products, colour codes, barcodes and price lists are accurately maintained.
· Creating purchase orders and liaising with suppliers to confirm delivery dates and prices.
· Keeping intake schedules up-to-date with latest delivery information.
· Booking-in direct deliveries, allocating stock and raising invoices for distributors.
· Maintaining and updating key business Excel spreadsheets.
· Assisting the Head of Merchandising with the following:
- producing in depth analysis on a monthly/ad hoc basis
- forecasting sales, stock and intake down to product level
- placing stock buys