A new opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join our clients successful and well regarded Family Department based in Derby.
The successful candidate should ideally have prior experience working in a Family Department.
Providing advice and information to clients on general family law matters including Divorce, Ancillary Relief, Child Arrangements, Domestic Abuse etc
- Managing files using a Case Management System (training will be provided).
- Attending meetings with clients to take instructions.
- Attending case conferences
- Drafting legal documents and general correspondence.
- Completing Legal Aid Applications online.
- Completing Legal Help Assessments.
- Sitting behind Counsel at court.
- Answering incoming telephone calls
- Assisting other members of the Family Department when required
- Experience within a Family Law Department.
- IT skills, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, good written skills are essential with close attention to detail.
- High standard of organisational skills required for file management and diary management.
- Ability to use initiative.
- A friendly, positive and proactive approach.
To be considered for this role you should have completed a Law Degree and have some experience within Family Law.
For further information about this fantastic opportunity, please get in touch with Gemma Evans, Legal recruitment consultant for further information or simply click apply to be considered for the role immediately.