Our client, a rapidly expanding business based on the outskirts of Derby, are seeking a Legal Assistant in Wills and Probate to join their team on a permanent basis.
Legal Assistant- Wills and Probate - The Role:
- Meeting with potential clients both on the phone and face to face to discuss their needs and advise on all aspects of estate planning, delivering outstanding customer service at all times
- Managing a caseload of Wills and LPA files from inception to closure and to take ownership of the outcome of that file.
- To draft Wills, LPAs and any other ancillary work and ensure all documents are executed correctly in line with company timeframes.
- To manage a diary of meetings and caseload work and to ensure sufficient availability is created within diaries to accommodate the client and achieve monthly targets
- Active participation in achieving and attaining targets as an individual and as a department.
- Refer clients for any financial services, or any other services required which are out of the scope of the role in a legal practice, where appropriate.
- To keep up to date business books, target sheets and updated billing and banking statistics.
- To assist other advisors when necessary.
- To take part in business development where required.
- To ensure all client and office monies are correctly banked in line with the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Any other duties consistent with the general scope of the job
Legal Assistant- Wills and Probate - The Candidate
- The ideal candidate with have some Legal experience although we are able to consider recent Law Graduates.
- Previous experience in Wills and Probate would be advantageous but is not essential.
- We are looking for bubbly, enthusiastic and hardworking who have a desire to succeed and are passionate about delivering excellent customer service.