We are currently working with a long-standing law firm as they are looking to recruit a Post Completion Assistant to help support their Residential Conveyancing department based at their Derby office.
The firm have built a fantastic reputation by understanding clients needs and helping them to achieve the best result on a range of legal matters.
This is a part time role (20hrs per week) with flexible working hours.
Candidates must have previous Conveyancing experience to be considered. This is a stand alone role so you must be capable of working under minimum supervision.
- Providing full support to Conveyancing Solicitors to enable them to operate efficiently.
- Preparing correspondence using a case management system.
- Attending to clients both on the telephone and in person.
- Administering filing systems which will include daily filing and the closing, storage and retrieval of client files.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arranging the scanning and photocopying of paperwork.
- Carrying out other duties and responsibilities as required
- Ensuring that all post-completions processes are finalised, including:
- Paying stamp duty to HMRC
- Serving any notices to landlords
- Registering new owners with the Land Registry
- Dealing with collation and submission of applications to HMLR
- Have excellent knowledge and experience within residential conveyancing
- Understand and have experience using the Land Registry Portal.
- Demonstrate initiative
- Possess high levels of speed and accuracy.
- Have a good telephone manner and be comfortable speaking with clients both on the telephone and in person.
- Be highly organised, methodical and adaptable.
For further information about this fantastic opportunity, please get in touch with Gemma Evans legal recruitment consultant or simply click apply to be considered for the role immediately.