We are delighted to be recruiting for a professional Legal Cashier to join our clients team based in Derby in order to provide financial support. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to work with a wide range of clients throughout the UK.
Due to the nature of the role candidates will ideally have previous legal aid experience.
- Processing bank reconciliations, cash receipts and bank transfers
- Dealing with LAA receipts, recoupments and statements
- Disbursement postings and payments
- Petty cash postings
- Accounts payables, expenses and payment runs
- Client invoicing, credit control and E-Billing
- Payroll, pension and liaison with third parties
- VAT returns
- Maintaining fixed assets, prepayments and accrual schedules
- Attending client sites – Some implementation of accounting software
- Running exception reports and breach reports
- Ensuring compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Developing Policies and Procedures
- Training clients
- Dealing with auditors
- Supervising junior member of staff
Educational and professional qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or O Levels A-C/ 9-5 , including English and Mathematics.
- ILFM or AAT qualified
Personal skills and qualities
- Professional and dynamic
- Discreet, trustworthy and loyal
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with those who are, and who are not familiar with financial terminology
- Positive attitude and commercial awareness
- Takes ownership of projects and sees challenge as opportunity to improve
- Comfortable with a systems driven working environment.
Working Hours: 9:30am - 5:30pm. 1 hour lunch break.
Job Type: Permanent.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kirkland Associates. For further information about this fantastic opportunity please get in touch with Gemma Evans, Legal recruitment consultant or simply click apply to be considered for the role immediately.