We are currently recruiting for a professional and experienced Legal Cashier on behalf of an established company as they require financial support to their clients.
This role would suit someone with previous Legal Cashier experience, ideally within Legal Aid matters.
There can be flexibility with hours, but you must be looking for part time work. Preferably 2-3 days per week.
- Bank reconciliations, cash receipts and bank transfers
- Accounts payables, expenses and payment runs
- Client invoicing/billing, credit control and E-Billing
- Legal Aid billing and processing
- Dealing with LAA receipts and Legal Aid Compliance
- Payroll, pension and liaison with third parties
- VAT returns
- Solicitors Accounts Rules compliance
- Maintaining fixed assets, prepayments and accrual schedules
- Attending client sites – Some implementation of accounting software
- Dealing with auditors, SRA, HMRC
- Expense profiling and analysis
Key Internal Tasks:
- Supervision of junior legal cashiers
- Assistance in staff training
- Implementation of Accounting policies & procedures
- Researching products and new processes
- Liaison and management of partner relationships
- Producing content driven articles for website, press and media partners
- Networking and promoting business
- Involvement in CSR projects
- Assisting with driving business forward and developing revenue streams
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or O Levels A-C, including English and Mathematics.
ILFM or AAT qualified
Professional and dynamic
Discreet, trustworthy and loyal
Excellent communication skills, particularly with those who are, and who are not familiar with financial terminology
Positive attitude and commercial awareness
Takes ownership of projects and sees challenge as opportunity to improve
Comfortable with a systems driven working environment.
- Commercially minded
- Results driven
Kirkland Associates are committed to protecting your privacy. For further information about how we use your personal data, please visit http://kirklandassociates.co.uk/privacy-policy.
Please get in touch with Gemma Evans, Legal recruitment consultant for further information or simply click apply to be considered for the role immediately.