Our client, situated in Derby, are currently seeking self-motivated and hardworking individual to join their growing team of field-based Mortgage Advisors. If you are passionate about maximizing your earnings by providing top quality mortgage and protection advice to clients, then this opportunity could be for you.
This role will suit existing mortgage advisers, ideally from a broking environment, who are looking to enhance their abilities as well as their earning potential. Applications may be considered from exceptional candidates who only have a banking background.
This is a full time, employed position, working from home. Candidates can be based anywhere in the UK.
Basic Salary - £27,000, OTE £60-£80k pa.
Mortgage Advisor - The Role:
- Perform fact-finds with clients either via video call or telephone. (There may be an opportunity to perform some fact-finds face-to-face in clients’ homes in the future but for now the business model is based around remote advice)
- Conduct the Fact-Find meeting to explore and establish clients’ needs and aspirations and thoroughly document their specific financial, protection and estate planning requirements
- Build a trusting and open relationship with the clients where the clients feel comfortable disclosing all relevant facts and have faith in your professional capacity
- Work with your Paraplanner and guide them to achieve the Agreement in Principle with your recommended lender and produce the ESIS for you
- Use PowerPoint (template provided) to build up a thorough and personalised recommendation addressing all the needs and aspirations around your clients’ finance, mortgage, protection and estate planning needs
- Using Zoom to present to your client your solution/recommendations via PowerPoint, confirm suitability and gain agreement to proceed with your recommendations where appropriate
Mortgage Advisor - The Candidate:
- Full CeMAP qualification or equivalent
- Minimum 1 years’ experience and proven track record in a mortgage and protection environment
- Full UK driving license
- IT Skills – high standard of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & databases as well as good keyboard skills
- Communicate effectively – communicate clearly and unambiguously, verbally, in writing and via IT to individuals and groups
- Compliant attitude – comply with relevant codes of conduct (MCOB, money laundering) and maintain up to date knowledge of regulatory issues
- Customer priority – deal effectively and courteously with customers, provide a high standard of service to both internal and external customers
- Implementing Change – adaptable, accept change where necessary and work towards common goals in achieving change
- Planning and organisation – manage routine, work on own initiative by planning activities and establishing priorities, complete assigned tasks within expected timescale