Our Coventry based client are currently looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to join their firm. Our client are a long-standing Coventry firm with a solid client base and a passion for delivering a personal service to their clients. The successful candidate will be working in a variety of departments and will provide essential support across the firm.
Legal Secretary – The Vacancy
• To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
• To provide administrative support to Fee Earners in case preparation and legal matters generally.
• To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
• To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary
• To prepare the Conference Room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
• To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
• To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
Legal Secretary – The Candidate
• Can do attitude and willingness to take on extra responsibilities
• Ability to prioritise own workload and work effectively without immediate supervision.
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to use Windows & MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
• Ability to work within the requirement of confidentiality.
• Ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a team.
• Knowledge of/or willingness to learn basic legal processes.
• Excellent interpersonal and client liaison skills, and a good professional telephone manner