Kirkland Associates are currently working with a professional and well established firm based in Coventry as they require an experienced Paralegal to provide a high standard of support to the WTP Department, deliver service excellence to all clients, and provide additional support to the Board and other lawyers in the firm.
The role -
- Accurately process correspondence and documents, including the drafting of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney, as directed by the lawyer and in accordance with established WTP team processes
- Liaise with existing and potential clients, and business contacts in a professional manner
- Accompany Lawyers to home visits/meetings
- Accurately record messages, manage diary appointments as and when required
- Deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client's files, title deeds and other documents as and when required and in accordance with the firms’ procedures
- Deal with all accounting and financial matters in accordance with recognised procedures
- Ensure all incoming correspondence is dealt with timely as directed by the lawyer, and in the absence of the lawyer or your immediate supervisor, another member of the team
- Adhere at all times to the Solicitors Code of Conduct, Solicitors Accounts Rules, Deposit Interest Rules and, all other relevant practice rules and statements of good practice issued by the Law Society or other appropriate body
- Develop the areas of work in which you are dealing, to establish appropriate connections with other professional and business contacts, develop the client base of the firm and seek to attract new business, actively support the firm in its marketing initiatives (including initiatives relating to areas of work other than your own), be aware of the importance of developing other areas of work in the firm and the opportunities that arise for cross-selling the services of the firm, and to generally project the right image of the firm
- Actively support the firm in its internal development, and contribute to the development and implementation of administrative procedures and techniques, contribute to departmental initiatives and developments, and the creation of a sense of team spirit at departmental and firm-wide level
- Liaise and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
General duties -
- Adhere to all internal administrative procedures as laid down in the firm's Office Manual, and other formal manuals, procedures and guidelines or otherwise notified by the Board, and in accordance with the ISO/Lexcel Quality Standard. It is the responsibility of all members of staff to acquaint themselves with the procedures and guidelines contained in the office manuals.
- Ensure the absolute confidentiality and security of all firm and client's documentation and/or information. It is the responsibility of all members of staff to ensure the absolute confidentiality and security of all information, correspondence and documentation relating to clients and their matters, and no such information, correspondence or documentation may be disclosed without the authority (express or in limited cases implied) of the client
- Attend any specific training or refresher course or firm or departmental meeting, as and when required by the firm
- Follow any laid down security/health and safety procedures
- Adhere to the firms’ policies on Equal Opportunities and Discrimination
- Keep up-to-date with all training provided by the firm on matters such as Cybercrime and Money Laundering
- Act as an ambassador for the firm, both internally and with existing/potential clients and business contacts
- Be aware of the firm’s purpose, values and culture and work with these in mind at all times
- Adapt and adhere to House Style
Ability to work under pressure, prioritise, manage time effectively and be organised. Good communication skills, must be a team player, highly motivated and attention to detail. Practical problem solver, dedicated and of a professional appearance.
You must be capable of working alone and/or as part of a wider team.