Our Coventry based client are currently looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to join their Private Client Department. Our client are a long-standing Coventry firm with a solid client base and a passion for delivering a personal service to their clients.
Legal Secretary - The Vacancy
- To provide administrative support to Fee Earners in case preparation and legal matters generally.
- To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary
- To prepare the Conference Room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
Legal Secretary - The Candidate
- Legal Secretarial experience essential
- Can do attitude and willingness to take on extra responsibilities
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work effectively without immediate supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use Windows & MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Ability to work within the requirement of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Knowledge of/or willingness to learn basic legal processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and client liaison skills, and a good professional telephone manner
- Experience of working with in the Private Client department desirable.