Our market leading client currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager. You will be at the forefront of developing client relationships to generate new business revenue or retain existing business through the identification, nurturing and conversion of prospects who require a managed business service.
Business Development Manager - The Role
- Accountable for the achievement of a new business sales and profit target from specified prospective clients within the sales pipeline.
- Execute the full sales lifecycle from opening a dialogue and nurturing the relationship through to negotiation and successful close.
- Prepare business proposals for potential or existing clients in the form of written proposals, prequalification documents and tender submissions ensuring that they accurately reflect the services and pricing that has been agreed.
- Prepare and deliver client presentations and host onsite visits.
- Ensure the smooth transition of new contract in to the Account Management team through the preparation of a timely, accurate and complete handover package to include all agreed timescales.
- Assist Account Managers in the presentation of proposals for new opportunities with existing clients.
- Identify key industry sectors, identify target potential clients in order to develop and sell a tailored service package that meets the needs of the client and the business
- Ensure the sales pipeline database is maintained accurately.
Business Development Manager - The Candidate
- Be able to connect with clients, identify customer needs and challenges, build upon existing relationships and develop new ones
- Flexibility to travel within UK & internationally as required
- Motivated and highly resilient
- Proactive in suggesting new ideas to improve processes and performance
- Outstanding commercial awareness with the ability to meet and exceed KPIs within a past paced environment
- Working knowledge of the sales lifecycle including researching, prospecting, sales planning, negotiation and closing skills.
- Deliver presentations with a personable confidence and passion
- Excellent command of written English with copy accuracy