Our reputable client who have been going through a period of expansion for the last 18 months are now looking for an experienced Transport Manager to lead their Home Delivery team to deliver a first-class service to their customers
The current team requires an ambitious and motivated individual with experience in Scrutinise plans before it is put into action. You will hold accountability for service and delivery as well as strategic development of the Transport Department.
Transport Manager – The Role
- Monitor performance, drive improvement and resolve challenges and issues as they arise.
- You will be responsible for all report running this will require you to have advanced Excel skills to include knowledge of Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs.
- Operations team management ensuring engagement, competency, performance and development are professionally managed
- Delivery of targeted KPI’s and contracted Service Level Agreements
- Ensure all KPI’s, such as operational and financial targets are met as required
- Collaborate with senior manager colleagues to support business growth, taking a continuous improvement approach to identifying and driving operational efficiencies, which will encompass people, systems and processes
- Budget management and cost control
Transport Manager – The Candidate
- You will be an experienced Transport Manager with a proven track record within the Industry who demonstrates loyalty and commitment to previous roles.
- Investigate / implement initiatives through the Transport division to drive value for the Customer
- Team player who is able to lead the team in a positive, hands on and professional manner
- Proactive and flexible in approach who is focused on continuous improvement
- Keen user of computerised scheduling, driver management packages and MS Office