We are recruiting a Production Technician on a temp- perm basis to join a well-established manufacturer in Castle Donington. This role is perfect if you have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a basic awareness of electrical principles. Our client can offer opportunity for development and progression.
- The main focus of this role will be assembling products in line with a relevant bill of materials and work instructions
- Following predefined test processes to enable the successful delivery of customer orders, to the highest quality standard.
- Reading, understanding, and filling in paperwork to ensure adherence to stock monitoring and quality procedures.
- Troubleshooting/problem solving.
- Recording build and test information.
- Complying with health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to work being undertaken.
- Attending and participating in any production progress meetings as requested.
- Working safely with both mains voltage systems and test equipment, communicating possible issues or safety concerns promptly.
- Using an in-house labelling system.
- Experienced in working with electrical components would be preferred but not essential.
- Use of power/professional tools eg. angle grinder, circular or industrial saw preferred.
- Awareness of stock procedures.
- Manufacturing items from start to finish (or parts of).
- Ability to use hand tools to a good DIY lever/professional environment.
- Basic understanding of electrics eg how to wire a plug and any additional knowledge/experience an advantage.
- Ability to understand and follow detailed work instructions.
- Good attention to detail to allow you to maintain or exceed high levels of production/test standards and efficiency.
- Willing to learn with a good level of interest in the job.