We are recruiting an Accounts Assistant to join a well-established manufacturer in Castle Donington on a part- time permanent basis. This is a new role due to expansion reasons so you will have the chance to really make it your own. You will be reporting into the Finance Director, taking on some of their responsibilities to reduce their busy workload. The role would suit an “all-rounder” that has a strong and varied understanding of account functions, with a “can-do” attitude and strong attention to detail. Our client can offer opportunity for development.
The role will be for 15 hours a week, working 4 or 5 days a week.
Accounts Assistant – The Role:
- Processing new account applications in line with internal procedures.
- Purchase ledger - processing supplier invoices on ERP, posting to accounts package, queries, and reconciling supplier statements. Matching delivery notes to supplier invoices to identify / action shortfalls.
- Sales ledger - processing delivered jobs into invoices, raising invoices from ERP, emailing to clients, positing to accounts package, creating customer statements.
- Credit control - chasing overdue payments maintaining and adhering to credit limits.
- Processing payments.
- Monitor and maintain stationery and sundry items.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested from time to time.
Accounts Assistant – The Candidate:
- Ideally 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of using accounts software, ideally sage.
- High attention to detail.
- A friendly personality.
- Hands on approach to problem solving and proven competency skills.
- Highly organised and strong passion for finance related to a small business.
- A good level of competency in Microsoft office.
- Ability to carry out all relevant duties with a ‘can do’ mind set and attitude.