Kirkland Associates are excited to be recruiting for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our clients thriving Payroll department based in Burton on Trent. This role will be fast paced and varied and will include some general administrative and reception duties also. A minimum of 2 years experience within Payroll is essential.
You will be required to -
- Arrange the payment of staff salaries through the computerised payroll system
- Administer the Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay and Statutory Paternity Pay schemes
- Provide advice to staff and managers in relation to pay, taxation and National Insurance
- Ability to handle multiple clients and contacts for each invoice.
- Process Supplier Invoices for approval and for entry on Sage.
- Reconciliation of invoices with supplier statement.
- Dealing with Customer and Supplier queries over the telephone.
- Credit Control
- Receiving telephone enquiries and distributing them to the appropriate person
- Checking upcoming Purchase Order deliveries
- Sorting the post, stamping all invoices and entering them on a log before passing them through to Richard in Accounts.
- Order stationary supplies and printer cartridges as and when required carry out checks on stock levels.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained in the Meeting Room, Reception & Kitchen.
- Typing Managers meeting reports and letters when requested to do so.
Key skills -
- System Experience in SAGE
- Strong Administration skills
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular Word, Excel and Oracle.
- Ability to work alone
- Excellent Communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate experience within Credit Control
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Payroll department