Kirkland Associates are recruiting an experienced Legal PA on behalf of a wonderful client based in Birmingham City centre. The role is working for a small, friendly, experienced firm with a brilliant reputation, who pride themselves on their 'straight forward, personal approach'.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR LEGAL ASSISTANT/LITIGATION PA IN THE COMMERCIAL LITIGATION/EMPLOYMENT TEAM
- Working for two directors, a senior associate and a consultant
- Experience in litigation is desirable
- Well-presented and articulate
- Excellent communication skills
- Happy to work as part of a team or under own initiative
- Answering telephone calls in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries from clients via email, fax and letter
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Production of letters (including engagement letters) and legal documents e.g. witness statements, court applications etc.
- Liaising with Counsel, experts and court staff
- Maintaining document storage system
- File opening and requisite checks on clients
- Working from digital dictation/audio typing
- Using a diary management system, making appointments and occasionally meeting and greeting clients
- Copying, scanning and faxing, including preparation of large files
- E-filing and other general administration work
- Hours of work: 9.00-5.30pm, Monday to Friday
- Experience with SoS management system an advantage but not necessarily essential
- Salary: circa £24.5k, depending on experience
This is quite a demanding role and an outgoing, positive and helpful personality would be ideally suited to this position. A sense of humour is essential...!