Our Ashby-de-la-Zouch based client are seeking a Production Planner to join their team. You will be responsible for the scheduling of production through the UK manufacturing operation.
Please note this is a Maternity Cover contract until Christmas.
Up to 26k depending on experience.
Monday – Friday office hours.
Production Planner – The Role:
- To produce a manufacturing schedule within appropriate inventory levels to ensure the continuation of supply.
- To liaise with other members of the sales , purchasing and planning departments and to formulate and co-ordinate a weekly production plan for all production areas, taking into account all material availability, capacity constraints and sock holding.
- To provide first line contact between manufacturing, purchasing and customer service.
- To manage production works order quantities to optimise manufacturing efficiencies as long as this does not have a detrimental effect on the stock holding value.
- To create new production works orders from Back to Back requests, MRP generated demand and China Gap Analysis report.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department to identify raw material requirements and request the attempted expediting of any urgently needed items.
- To raise deviation forms where we move away from the standard production specification, then track these through and log in CRM once completed.
- To carry out such other duties as requested from time to time by management.
Production Planner – The Candidate:
- Candidates must have experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone manner and good communication skills.
- Competent with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a team.