Our Ashby based client are seeking a Buyer to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. The purpose of your role will be to manage relationships with key suppliers, negotiate contracts with potential and current suppliers and manage a sourcing strategy.
Buyer - The Role:
- Procure products for the business in order to meet set timescales.
- Work closely with suppliers, subcontractors & services providers to reduce total acquisition cost.
- Negotiation of purchase prices and supply agreements with suppliers for UK production.
- Dispute resolution.
- Performance and risk management in the supply chain for UK production.
- Vendor rating and appraisals for UK production.
- Legal and regulatory compliance for purchased goods.
- Booking in of deliveries of raw materials for UK production.
- Invoice queries.
- Maintenance of the company ERP Business system.
- Manage customer complaints relating to purchased products.
- Assistance with warehouse stock control.
Buyer - The Candidate:
- Previous experience in Purchasing environment
- CIPS: part qualified
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Training will be given on in-house packages
- Good communication skills, both face to face and telephone manner
- Highly organised and methodical
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive in problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure